The following Rules govern AIPM’s “Vacation Giveaway” Sweepstakes (the “Giveaway”).
Who Can Enter the Giveaway
1. Entry in the Giveaway is open only to legal California residents of Los Angeles, Kern, Ventura or Santa Barbara County, who are 18 years of age or older and who have lawful access to the method(s) of entry set forth in these rules.
2. Employees of Animal & Insect Pest Management, Inc. (“AIPM”) and the immediate family and household members of AIPM employees are ineligible for the Giveaway.
B. How To Enter the Giveaway
3. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE GIVEAWAY.
4. Only one entry in the Giveaway per person is allowed. Duplicate entries from the same person will result in the disqualification of all entries by such person.
5. Entries to the Giveaway begin at 8:00 a.m. PDT on December 1, 2019, and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PST on February 28, 2020 (the "Giveaway Period"). Entries received before or after the Giveaway Period will not be eligible to win and will be discarded.
6. To enter the Giveaway, log onto the AIPM website at https://www.myaipm.com/giveaway, and follow all instructions to complete an online entry. Entrants are required to provide their legal first name and surname, email address, telephone number, and city of residence in California. Entrants are also required to acknowledgement that they have reviewed and accept all the terms and conditions of the Giveaway (including these Rules).
7. AIPM is not responsible for any: (a) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in transmission or receipt, or theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials; (b) technical, network, internet, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunction of any kind; (c) inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive an entry or all or part of the entrant’s information for any reason whatsoever; (d) injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer or software related to or resulting from use of AIPM’s website or downloading any materials related to the Giveaway; or (e) any entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of AIPM's records. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, AIPM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. AIPM reserves the right to cancel or modify the Giveaway if the Giveaway becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
C. The Prize and the Winner
8. One (1) winner (the “Winner”) will be selected by random drawing (which may be by a physical drawing or by a computerized random number generator) from among all valid entries in the Giveaway on or about Saturday, February 29, 2020.
9. The Winner will receive a certificate valid for up to $500.00 (“the Certificate”) redeemable for travel through Travel Leaders Executive, 25129 The Old Road, Suite 205, Stevenson Ranch, CA 91381(“the Prize”). The Certificate expires for redemption as of December 31, 2020, and travel must be completed by December 31, 2021. Certain restrictions apply, as stated on the Certificate. Any and all expenses of the vacation selected by the Winner over and above $500.00 are the sole responsibility of the Winner; such expenses may include air or cruise fare over $500.00, taxes, port charges, gratuities, optional land excursion charges, and purchases of goods and services while on the vacation. The approximate retail value of the Prize is $500.00. The Winner is responsible for all related expenses over the value of the Certificates, including without limitation gratuities, ground transportation, and governmental taxes and surcharges.
10. The Winner will be notified by e-mail and telephone on or about March 2, 2020 and must respond to the notification within two (2) business days. The Winner will be required to complete, sign and return to AIPM (a) a Certification of Eligibility and Release and (b) an IRS Form W-9, both within ten (10) business days after receiving such forms from AIPM. If the Winner cannot be reached at the email address or telephone number provided in the entry, does not respond to prize notification within two (2) business days , or does not return the signed and completed Certification of Eligibility and Release and Form W-9 within ten (10) business days after receiving such forms, AIPM may select an alternate winner by random drawing if, in AIPM's reasonable discretion, time permits, and if not AIPM will terminate the Giveaway.
11. The Prize cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other item(s). The Winner cannot assign or transfer the Prize for any consideration; however, the Winner may make a gift of the Prize to any natural person who was eligible to enter the Giveaway, provided that both the Winner and the person receiving the gift sign a written acknowledgement of the transfer by gift on a form prescribed by AIPM, and deliver said acknowledgement to AIPM, within 90 days of the date on which the Winner was notified that he or she had won the Prize. The person receiving the Prize as a gift may not thereafter assign or transfer the Prize.
12. AIPM reserves the right to substitute in place of the Prize another prize of equal or greater value, including cash, for any reason.
13. The Winner is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on the Prize based on the value of the Prize set forth in these rules.
D. Odds of Winning & Miscellaneous
14. The odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of timely and complete entries received in the Giveaway.
15. Except where prohibited by law, entry in the Giveaway constitutes permission to use the Winner’s (and that of the Winner’s spouse, if any) name(s), hometown, and photograph for broadcast, online posting, and/or any in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
16. These Rules are available at https://www.myaipm.com/giveaway. A hard copy of the Rules may be picked up Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at AIPM, 2470 Stearns Street, #116, Simi Valley, CA 93063, through February 28, 2020.
17. For a written notification of the Winner, send a written request for such notification accompanied by a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope no later than January 17, 2021, to: AIPM, 2470 Stearns Street , #116, Simi Valley, CA 93063.
18. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. This Giveaway is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation in jurisdictions requiring any registration, filing, trust accounts, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. AIPM is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the posting, printing, offering, or administration of the Giveaway, or in the announcement of the Prize or the Winner. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a particular entry, AIPM will determine the entrant's identity or select an alternate winner, in its sole discretion.